Formerly The Philippine Hotel Federation., PHILIPPINE HOTEL OWNERS ASSOCIATION. (PHOAI) is a non-stock, non-profit organization composed of owners of the country’s major accommodation providers — hotels, resorts, tourist inns, pension houses, serviced apartments, and the like. Since 1977, we have been protecting and promoting the common interests and concerns of its members by pooling together talents and resources that advocate the furtherance of the Philippine accommodation industry.
PHOAI was established to:
- Take up the role as the single, dominant voice representing the private business sector in the accommodation industry, especially in matters of policies, laws, rules and regulations, and other dealings with the government.
- Foster adherence to ethical and professional standards of fair business practices among accommodation providers, to promote their common welfare. Our members must maintain amicable relations by fully cooperating and consolidating efforts in studying and solving various problems affecting their areas of activity, and exchanging information related to the progress of the accommodation industry.
- Promote, safeguard, and enhance the interests of members in all areas and relationships, including policies that may affect economic growth and industrial harmony.
- Encourage unity, goodwill, and mutual cooperation among the entities engaged in the accommodation industry.
- Serve as the forum for the development of a consensus for the accommodation industry.
To be the leading organization that plays a major role in the growth of the Philippine economy and the betterment of the Filipino’s quality of life through a strong, stable, and expanding hotel industry.
PHOAI is the representative body of all hotel establishments nationwide in dealing with government agencies in formulating and implementing laws and policies towards a highly competitive and professional industry.
We dedicate ourselves to provide responsive, timely, and effective services to our members; promote the growth and wellbeing of the hotel personnel; help members achieve financial success; and contribute to the social and economic development of the community.
In order to fulfill our Vision and Mission, we will:
- As the representative of the Philippine accommodation industry, formulate and implement government policies and regulations that are favorable to hotel investors
- Ensure that our members’ expectations are served
- Communicate the current trends in the industry and make sure that hotel personnel are kept abreast with these developments
- Establish and maintain a Secretariat that will handle PHOAI’s day-to-day operations
- Set standards for each hotel classification and establish accreditation procedures